Monday, October 29, 2007

End of the Season


Last weekend (10/21) was a very nice one but a sad one. We took our very last camping trip of the season which would also be our very last at the lake you see here. The Philadelphia based church has decided to close it down, do to some shananigan's. The weather was just perfect though. The two out in the boat are my husband Robert and my niece Andrea.






Around the lake there is a walking trail. So, I decided to set out on an adventure to the other side. Did I mention that the campground sits on about 265 acres, which most of it is lake. It took me about 45 minutes to get to the other side.
Along the way I snapped lots of pictures. This was such a beautiful shot, although I could not catch the suns rays like I wanted to as they were shinning through the leaves. The red color of the leaves was so vibrant.





When I finally reached the other side I found this kid, my nephew Sean. This section of the lake is normally reserved for swimming only, but they were allowing the kids to fish.
And that they did. He must have caught at least a half a dozen bass while I was resting for my long walk back to our site.
Later that day we painted pumpkins, celebrated my birthday and made smores by the fire.
Fun was had by all.

1 comment:

AmyWhit said...

Happy belated birthday! That red tree is simply GORGEOUS! Oh to have colors like that on our trees down here.....!